Monday, February 27, 2012

ROAD LESS TRAVELED

                         There are two roads that diverged in the wood.
                        I took the road less traveled.
                        And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost


Indeed, what a difference that choice has made in my life.  Thus far, the journey on that road less traveled  has been fraught with both deep sorrow and deep joy. There has been massive confusion and brilliant clarity along with unspeakable darkness and magnificent light.  Loneliness of the most pervasive type is very frequently a companion. Yet there is no contemplation over whether I have chosen wisely, for once chosen there is no turning back.  Who is the one who did the choosing?  The soul, of course, with the reluctant personality scrambling in a futile attempt to maintain its control. I move forward, not knowing where I am going or even certain if I am going in the right direction, yet I keep my eye on the Promise. An occasional and simple nod from the soul keeps me focused on this road less traveled.

No comments:

Post a Comment