Monday, January 9, 2012

Are you too old to make a difference?

My blog is truly reflective of me. Like all of us, I am so many things. I am a soul. I am a human being. I am an activist. Is it okay to be multi-dimensional? I think so. While it is true that one never knows what topic I might address, the name of the blog speaks for itself. At The Heart of Being Human is our capacity to be highly committed to many things. So today I am talking about age which naturally impacts all parts of being a human.  It also brings in the soul which determines our purpose and life course.

Age is an interesting thing. For me, I think it is important to be aware and accepting of my age. On the other hand I can not be ruled by it.  The reason I think I need to be aware and accepting of my age is that there are things associated with that fact that can not be denied or avoided. The reason I can not be ruled by the fact of my age is an awareness that chronological age is a fact of my physical body and does not make a statement about my emotional, mental or spiritual body.  So when I am addressing anything physical, that fact must be considered. Otherwise it is irrelevant and unique to each of us.

So, please, if it is in your heart to do something for our suffering world, please proceed.  The world needs your participation!

2 comments:

  1. Very well said... Physical may decline but everything else continues going forward. If we allow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this inspirational post! I love it that you are not now and have not ever been defined by age. You are the best example I know of age being irrelevant and unique to us all...you inspire me with this beautiful quality daily! xo

    ReplyDelete